Saturday, February 18, 2012

Daily Walk: Splash and Play to Your Hearts Content


In April 2010, I was developing an increasing sense of wanting to re-emphasize the Artistic Endeavor and Creative Pursuit in a more deliberate manner in my life. I purchased two simple sets of drawing pencils, colored pencils, and colored markers with drawing pads of three sizes and kept one set in my vehicle and one set in my drawer at work. During lunches, I was then free and able to take some time and focus on Art to Relax by getting away from the daily grind. Materials were available and the mind was ready. This sketch reminded me of my then three-year old daughter's direct approach to joy in life - giggling, marching, splashing, twirling, hand waving, kicking, and jumping in the water to a full heart's content with her eye's intent on the effect of the splash in the warmth of the sun. I kept it at my desk as a constant reminder of my deep need to return to these basics and to visualize the benefit in my child's experience and in the Me as Child.

Original Art: Copyright - Heart's Content by James E. Martin 2010

As adults with responsibilities in a demanding and dynamic world, it is so easy for us to forget or avoid the riches of childlike play and exploration as a contributor to joy in life. In the Practical World, other Forces direct what we do with our Time and our Money and our Spirit and even our Self. And then it becomes an adult habit....to not play and miss the fun.  We might even lose some of our sense of Self over a period of time.

Dear Reader, let's agree not to forget about including those activities that bring us fulfillment in our Daily Walk. It's a daily time for repose, recreation, remembering, recovery, restoration, reaching back, and reaching forward. Welcome and prepare for the effects of Serendipity in the Creative Pursuit. Apply and direct our Life Force and Energy purposefully and with deliberate intent to those things that we know are of Value and contribute to expressing our individual Unique Potential.

Lessons Learned: Prepare for and make ready. Listen to our still and small Inner Voice. Return to our roots. Fill the cup on a daily basis to your Heart's Content.

No comments:

Post a Comment