Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Beginning: And Its Not Just About Art


A complete stranger has inspired me to begin a web log based on their blog. Today. At this moment. Thank you, stranger. Maybe we will become friends.

Perhaps life is somewhat like a once empty room. We are given the room....and we furnish it with our personal and professional achievements on a daily basis along the way. By chance, by serendipity, or by deliberate design intent, we conduct our life through occupation and craft, execute an Apprenticeship, mature our skills as a Journeyman, and, at some point, move along the path to Master.

We "paint" our Studies, our Works-In-Progress and our Masterpieces along the way and place them on our walls. Our works define us....who we have been, who we are now, and who we will someday become. 

Are the works occupational, avocational, or recreational? What is the lasting value of one's life work and oeuvre? Many travel their path and are lost to obscurity. There are many starving artists. Where do we go from here? Are we to change the world and in what manner?
I think I am going to redecorate my room. And start some new Art.
Managing a blog is only a small side trip on the way to endeavoring the longer journey.....like traversing a small cul-de-sac. Keep the end destination in sight and don't get caught up in a round-about do-loop side trip.

2 comments:

Kristen Dukat Art said...

you posted on my friends blog, He's my best friend, my big brother, my mentor. He has just a few days left at best. Who are you? Your post on his last blog post was so inspirational. I'm not sure if he was even coherent enough to read it. The cancer has reached his brain. It matters to us though, and I will read it to him.

Impressionist342 said...

Thank you for your comment entry, Kristen, on this first blog entry. This is where I started my blog. And Scott was indeed "the stranger" who inspired me to begin this portion of my Journey....with his depiction of his struggle, his blog(s), and his story. I had been viewing his blog(s) during a period of unemployment, with a struggle about the meaning of Art in my life, and closely identified with his expressed feelings. A separate email has gone out to you. I am sad to hear of his current prognosis and symptoms. My prayers continue to be for him and his family. Kind regards.

Post a Comment