Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Plain Jane: Me Not the Model

I did not mark this as a likeness per se. Fairly simple lines and construction. Although the subject of my sketch was prettier than I depict, the Plain Jane description is about me. The disadvantage of sketching in public is that there is so little time to capture the essence of a person. Also, I know little or nothing of the person in most cases so there is no opportunity to capture their personality in the sketch. To some degree, commuters disconnect from their environment as well. The moments that I am seeing them is downtime or timeout for them. There is a blandness to this time in their day. Perhaps I am capturing the essence and the story is being told after all.


Daily Sketch: Plain Jane - Copyright James E. Martin 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment