Sunday, September 16, 2012

Making Daddy's Birthday Art: Starting Early

So today's sketch is not from the mass transit commuting venue but from the moment my youngest daughter, nicknamed Peach, decided to sketch at the kitchen table first thing in the morning and create a birthday card for me. I grabbed my sketchbook to capture her while she worked her project. Her picture, a rocket ship, with the two of us in it looking like Wallace and Grommet on the way to the moon to capture some green cheese except that there were two peaches in the space-time galaxy hung like planets...her rationale being that since they are my favorite fruit and in season, they should be included in bright orange.


Daily Sketch: The Rocket-Peach - Copyright James E. Martin 2012

I utilized some graphite smudging to add solidness and shading. So that's a new effect without adding any more utensils and could useful on the commuting endeavor. I haven't quite captured her young age likeness even though she is five years old going on 28. But I am sketching routinely.

No comments:

Post a Comment